Monday 18 July 2011

Blackberry and Lime Drizzle Muffins

I was SUCH a donestic goddess this morning.  Not only did I bake muffins before taking them into work  but picked the Blackberries whilst out walking shortly after dawn before returning home and turning them into delicious offerings for my colleagues.  Sadly however, having extolled my own virtues to my boss she wandered along to the kitchen to discover all 14 of them had disappeared to those with quicker responses.  So now I am in the dog house, and it seems I will need to pick MORE blackberries and make MORE muffins be be assured of continued employment.

Here is the recipe for those who wish to try it (it's my own recipe but heavily influenced by my Granny's trusty Victoria Sponge recipe, Mary Berry's Lemon Drizzle Cake and the BBC's Lime and Blueberry Drizzle).

Preheat oven to 180c.  Line a muffin tin with paper cake cakes (Makes about 12-14 large muffins or more cupcakes).

In an electric mixer, combine the following and beat for 2 mins:

6 oz softened butter or margerine (I used Stork)
6 oz Caster Sugar
Zest of 1 lime
3 large free range eggs
7 oz self raising flour
1 tsp baking power
3 tbsp milk

Add 1/3 clean doggy bagful (or whatever container you used to collect your berries!) freshly picked Blackberries and stir through gently.

Spoon into muffin cases - fill them just over half full.

Bake for approx 20 mins or until risen, golden and springs back when pressed (or when a cocktail stick inserted comes out clean).

Whilst they are baking make the drizzle:  juice the lime and mix with about 3oz granulated sugar.

Cool in the tin for about 5 mins then spoon a little drizzle mixture over each muffin.  Lift out of the tin carefully and leave to cool on a wire rack.

Take into work and make sure your boss gets one before the other gannets empty the tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The rule of thirds

I've been here for four months now and it's probably a sign of how much more at home I'm feeling that I haven't written a bl...